This command stores the contents of an equation variable (such as Y,,1,, or X,,1T,,) to a string (one of Str0, Str1, ... Str9). This can be used when you want to display the equation as text (either using the Text( command on the graph screen, or the Output( or Disp commands on the home screen). For example:
Apart from cases in which the user has already stored to the equation variable prior to running the program, about the only situation in which you would use Equ►String( is for the output of a regression.
You can use Equ►String( (outside a program) to get the → or " symbols in a string:
- Type them on the home screen and press [ENTER]
- Select 2:Quit when the ERR:SYNTAX comes up.
- Press [Y=] to go to the equation editor.
- Press [2nd] [ENTRY] to recall the symbols to Y,,1,,
- Now, use Equ►String(Y,,1,,,Str1) to store the symbols to a string.