We are excited that you have chosen to visit our site, and firmly believe that you will not only leave as a better TI-Basic programmer, but that you will come to see the site as your TI-Basic home!
You will find that this community was designed to be a friendly and welcoming environment, and we are dedicated to providing information and discussion to anyone interested in TI-Basic.
Whether you are just starting out in programming or you are already an accomplished TI-Basic programmer, you are welcome to join our community.
The site offers a rich assortment of features, and we encourage you to explore it at your own pace:
- Support for the current TI graphing calculators, including the TI-83/84, 68k, and TI-Nspire
- A comprehensive collection of TI-Basic information from beginner to advanced
- A forum where you can ask questions, get help with your programs, or just converse with other programmers
- Program archives where you can post your programs and download other peoples' programs
- Sourcecode to study and learn from, including Games, Programs, and short Routines
- References for help on various subjects, such as Tokens, fonts, and error conditions
Where to Begin?
When you feel comfortable, we invite you to get involved on the site. Registration is a simple two-step process, and involves creating a [*https://www.wikidot.com/default--flow/login__CreateAccountScreen?originSiteId=405 Wikidot account] and then entering the password 'ti-basic-rulez' on the join page to join the site. It is quick and painless, and should take no more than a couple minutes. We then encourage you to introduce yourself to the community so that we can get to know you better.
The forums are where much of the community activity takes place, so you will want to regularly visit to see what's new. They are conveniently separated into different categories based on the types of discussions they contain, including site discussion, general discussion, programming & design, and projects & contests.
You will also want to enable the watching feature by clicking the "start watching" link in the bottom page options toolbar. This allows you to follow changes on the whole site, just the forum, or a particular page, and you will be notified via email whenever someone alters it or adds a comment to it. Watching can be enabled/disabled in the activities settings of your Wikidot account.
You can navigate the site by using the links in the navigation bar at the top of the page, or by going to the Sitemap for a hierarchical view. The home link is accessible on the other pages by clicking the respective link in the top navigation, and you can search the site by using the search box at the top right of the page. You will find the search box to be an invaluable tool to locate information from pages and old posts in the forums.
If you wish to contact the administrators for any reason, you have a few different routes you can take:
- Create an account and send a private message (PM) to the administrator of your choice.
- Find the email address of each administrator on their profile page and send them an email with your question. Of course, this only works if the administrator lists their email address.
- Start a new topic on the Forum. This method works well if you don't care which administrator responds, but you should know that everyone can see this forum. If you have a personal question you want to ask, sending a PM is the way to go.
We will try to respond in a timely manner, hopefully in a day or two. Please just be patient.
We hope that you enjoy using the site and stop by often.
Thanks for visiting!
-- The TI-Basic Developer Community